Monday 2 April 2012

fmp 2

The promise to do the blog every Friday didn't materialise. But I think it's a good idea - so I'll persevere.

Mon 26th March: Having decided my work was too much 'creating a picture' rather than illustrating - I decided to research ways of introducing a suggestion of Elgar, rather than literal interpritation. Also because I like Retro - I looked up Lucienne Day's work. In the afternoon, re-worked a collograph. It's much better. All round, a productive day.
Tue: Morning - tried to finish my book. I've decided not to follow this route, and so needed to round off what I'd started. I didn't enjoy doing it, I felt I was wasting time and was quite despondent. Afternoon: Xavier Pick, a war reportager spoke to us. Very interesting as he had spent time 'at the front' despite his values being otherwise. I found his work surprisingly literal - and was confused as I felt that I'd been discouraged from following this kind of illustration.
Wed: Popped in on the off-chance to see Steve (cereamics) - he said it was fine to call in. Decided to work with my dried flowers which were at the media centre as I wanted a more intergrated approach than sticking on transfers. (Later I realised sticking on transfers is the best option available at the moment.) So did the initial web building with Christine (which was excellent), picked up the dried flowers and spent the afternoon in ceramics.
Thursday: The best day - Karoline Rerrie came in. She was amazingly generous, not only with the freebies, but with her information. Really helpful - and great to chat with her in the afternoon with the other 3rd years.
Fri: Did another page of Lucienne Day inspired patterns, if you can call it that as I've now done at least 6 pages and have moved on. Had a tutorial with Becky. She confirmed my decision to move away from the book and into more abstract design. Went to private opening and met Angie Lewin in the evening - what a lovely lady!
Mon 2nd April: Discovered I've lost my work book. It's not at college or at home. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!