Friday 20 April 2012

FMP Easter Update

A bitty 2/3 weeks. Did some on-line research, and began to play with colour. But Reluctantly I had to give in to social demands - ie my lovely family. I enjoyed the enforced mental break ... but getting back into the creative flow is painful and hard work.

However I went to the Tinsmith's Gallery a couple of times to see Angie Lewin, Mark Herald and other artists - which was inspirational. I got to meet Angie Lewin who signed my book. She's lovely. We also met a letter press printer in Ledbury who generously allowed us to browse his shelves and trays of stuff. A working museum!

The John Piper exhibition in Cardiff was totally different; almost abrasive. I would love to incorporate some of his style into the fmp. And I managed a happy afternoon at Cardiff Library - it's spacious, light, modern and a well-stocked library where you can buy snacks and coffee, and settle at a table at the same time. Very pleasant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!