Friday 18 November 2011

Development of Bloody Chamber




I tried Lino cuts and collographs. although to some extent they worked for the other stories, I wanted to capture a more sinister immediate tone - and so, in exasperation, almost accidently worked this image of the heroine and the marquis, which led to a set of three strong images in quick succession. I was delighted!

 I looked at variations for the background, including using the score for the opera of which the Marquis was so infatuated by. btw, it took a long time to get the writing right.





 











These were the second and third ideas - so many strong images here dripping with violence, anger and broken dreams. I would run with the torn splattered music, if I could find suitable juxaposition to work with in the other two stories. Haven't found them yet.




  Sorry about the layout - maybe I'll get better at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!