Friday 11 May 2012

Two frustrating weeks filled with time consuming fruitless excercises! I guess the learning curve was there. The early prints I did were all a wash-out, quite literally. I've been working with procion inks and fixative - the more fixative I add the less effective the final result is. The fabric needs washing at the beginning of the process, a couple of layers of print and washing at the end. It doesn't take long for time to get swallowed up.

It's Friday evening. I scanned in work today so that I can work on the web-site. That took a couple of days to plan and learn. Hope to get that finished by the end of the w/e and gain some ground here.

Should be ok - but I haven't got any more days to slip away all but unaccounted for.

But some of the stuff looks good - I'll try and get more prints up soon. Even that is time consuming!




This is an early attempt at finding out what a book would look like to communicate Elgar’s time in Hereford. I found it a very literal interpretation and felt restrained by the confines of a book – and so soon moved away to more abstract design. However, it had interesting elements and some that I took with me to later stages of the FMP.
Front Cover - to be! (Actually the inadvertant spill over from one of the inside pages.)


Each page has layers with move visual information which emerge as you flick through the book.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts!